News and Updates
2016/04/15 - Release of GAPS v6.0.0
2015/09/01 - Release of GAPS v5.9.1
- GAPS re-branded as GNSS Analysis and Positioning Software
- Added the capability to process both Galileo and BeiDou observables
- User-selection of GPS, Galileo, and/or BeiDou processing options
- User-selection of IGS MGEX orbit and clock products for Galileo/BeiDou integration
- Added calculation of orthometric height based on use of EGM2008
- User-selection of available coordinate reference frame transformations
- GAPS "Basic" and "Advanced" user submission pages.
- GAPS "Basic" user submission page allows for quick and easy submission of observation files
for users who frequently use GAPS' default processing options.
- GAPS "Advanced" user submission page includes:
- User-selection of the orbit and clock products to be used.
- User-selection of the carrier-phase and pseudorange observables to be used.
- Optional use of GPS L2C in place of P2 for all satellites currently transmitting L2C.
- Optional use of GPS L5 in place of L2 for all satellites currently transmitting L5.
- Optional use of static-mode satellite clock interpolation (if 30s clock product is used and logging rate < 30s).
- User-selection of GDOP cutoff threshold.
- User-selection of positional convergence condition and maximum number of iterations for least-squares filter.
- User-selection of all available NAD prediction model and mapping function combinations.
- Optional use of GPT2.1w and ESA 2.5 NAD prediction models.
- User option to not estimate NAD.
- User option to not estimate tropospheric gradients.
- Optional use of a user-provided receiver antenna calibration.
- NAD estimation automatically terminated if receiver rises above tropospheric threshold (50,000 ft).
- Added option to estimate integrated water vapor (if a meteorological file is submitted).
- Enhanced the cycle-slip detection algorithm (following Blewitt, 1990).
- A minimum of 4 satellites per epoch are required before estimation begins.
- New .ion, .nad, .cmp, and .DOP output files as well as modified formatting of the .par file.
- Improved reporting of processing parameter options and results in the HTML output.
- Added receiver clock and DOP plots.
2015/03/01 - Release of GAPS v5.5.0
- Compressed files accepted: 7z, BZIP2, GZIP,
TAR, ZIP, CAB, ISO, MSI, RAR, and Z.
- Added support for RINEX 3.
- Raw receiver files accepted: Trimble DAT and RT17;
Ashtech R, U,
B-, E-, S-, and
D-; Leica LB2, MDB, and DS; Topcon/Javad JPS; Septentrio SBF; Navcom;
Conanbinary; TurboBinary; u-blox UBX; Canadian Marconi
Rockwell Zodiac Binary; Motorola Oncore; ARGO; and Texas Instruments
GESAR, BEPP/CORE, and TI-ROM.
- KML (Keyhole Markup Language) file in the output.
- Minor bug fixes (header alignment, submit page
- Periodical check of IGS ANTEX files for updated
- Code optimization and cleaning.
- Quality check of every submitted file.
- NRCan (Natural Resources Canada) precise products (final
and rapid) added for
- 30-second precise clock files now the default for static
and kinematic processing.
2013/02/01 - Release of GAPS v5.2.0
2011/09/10 - Release of GAPS v5.0
- Ocean Tide corrections has been include to GAPS
- Earth Tide corrections has been include to GAPS
2010/06/28 - Release of GAPS v4.1.2
- Source of precise products has been changed to the
Crustal Dynamics Data Information System. IGS ftp now used as backup.
- GAPS can now process RINEX files with a latency of ~17
hours. Due to orbit arcs in the past the latency was ~34 hours.